Racing through the airport can be stressful. Between long security lines, (which may or may not make you remove your shoes) to trekking through busy terminals looking for your gate, flying is, well … tough.
We rounded up the best shoes to get you through security quickly, past customs and onto enjoying your trip!
Check out our top 5 favorite styles:
- Propel Premium Walk for Her cushioned slip-on shoes are ultra light and comfortable. We love the memory foam lining and breathable fabric which is ideal for days when you plan on doing a lot of walking. This shoe combines the ease of a slip-on with the comfort of a sneaker and then some.
- Sperry Seaside Perforated Sneakers feature a thick vulcanized outsole and beautiful perforated leather, making them the perfect shoe for warm weather. We love the look and feel of these expertly crafted shoes, which can easily transition from the airport to a day exploring your new destination. Super comfortable and fashionable, you’ll reach for them again and again. Certainly one of our new favorite shoes!
- Skye Footwear The Lons dubbed as “a marine classic for modern ubranites” combines a classic silhouette with a modern edge. The shoe features Skye’s 4-way stretch upper and loop-lok elastic system. Inside the shoe is a gel bed, which provides support, but feels a little off. Perhaps our usual size is incorrect in these shoes- we suspect sizing down might put the footbed in the proper place offering arch support rather than slight discomfort. We do love the collective look and pairing of country club meets city dweller and suspect that a different size might meet all our criteria for a great shoe- which is why Skye Footwear The Lon still makes our list.
- G.H. Bass & Co. Lola slip-on open back shoes. If a sneaker and a mule had a baby it would be the Lola. With thick soles and a nice soft cushiony footbed these shoes are ideal for your next vacation. We love how you can just slip them on easily and with beautiful soft colors like cream and rose, they will match with just about anything. Additionally the jute wrap stitching around the edges adds to the summery feel, but we’ll probably be wearing these well into fall.
- G.H. Bass & Co. Jenna patterned flat espadrilles are ideal for a sunny tropical getaway. While not the most comfortable shoes on the market for being on your feet all day, these flat espadrilles are perfect to throw in your bag for a walk along the boardwalk. The cute style would look great with white pants or a sundress and at only $19.99 they’re affordable too! If you’re looking for a great flat shoe to throw on and go, the Jenna is definitely for you!
Feet Still Hurt?
After a day of traveling and exploring a new location, your feet are bound to hurt no matter what shoes you’re wearing. Yoga Toes and Yoga Gems will stretch and relax your poor toes to soothe and comfort them. All you need to do is place your toes into each rubbery compartment and relax while yoga toes saves your feet from pain and even bunions! That’s right, these little separators will not only make your feet feel heavenly, but will also keep them looking great in those new sandals you bought!
We recommend spending some time getting used to Yoga Toes before your trip as you might feel some initial discomfort until your feet are used to them.